Search This Blog

Monday, June 7, 2010

Inspired by Emma Watson

        Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, between coming home for the summer, seeing all my friends and working several days a week I've been keeping myself pretty busy. Speaking of my job, working in a clothing store has been a lot more difficult than I could have imagined, for several reasons. The worst one, however, is the impulse to buy everything in the store. When you're stuck in a store for seven hours at a time, it's impossible not to pick out some favorite items. I've had experience working in retail before, when I worked for a year and a half at a local shoe store. Luckily for me, I was never a big shoe fanatic, so I never went too crazy with the merchandise there. But now working at Zara's all I want to do is buy everything in sight! I got my paycheck on Friday and I'm embarrassed to admit that I've already spent half of it. That's the downside to working in a mall, when I get an hour long break I choose to spend my time browsing around H&M and Forever 21 and inevitably buying more than I should. 
        Anyways, I plan on doing a post in the near future about new purchases I've made. But what I wanted to write about for this post was one of my many fashion inspirations, the actress Emma Watson. I think Emma's style is so relatable to me because she is all about looking polished and put together, but she's also a fellow college student so her outfits are still youthful and fun. I came up with three looks inspired by outfits Emma has worn.
        The first look is actually based around the exact dress that Emma was photographed wearing a few weeks ago. I saw the photo on a blog a little while back and absolutely loved her dress, although assumed it would be some expensive designer label since Emma is a celebrity. Because of this I was very surprised when searching on ModCloth to find the exact dress for a fairly reasonable price. Unfortunately it's currently sold out, so here's hoping it gets restocked soon! Anyways, I love the color of the dress and the button detail down the middle. The material also looks great and comfortable, and if Emma was able to wear it for a day in Florida's brutally humid weather than I would guess it must be a cool enough material to wear on a hot summer day. I paired the dress with a simple necklace and sandal because I felt the dress should absolutely be the main focus of the outfit. 

Look 1: Hanging Out With Friends




        For this outfit I paired the gorgeous halter top with a pair of dark wash jeans, for a look perfect for a cool summer day or night. Emma has worn many tops and dresses with a similar neckline to this one, and I felt that the outfit went along with Emma's combination of always looking put together yet casual. The top is a little more fancy, but the jeans make it wearable for a casual day. I paired the outfit with strappy wedge sandals, which I felt would go well with the long jeans. And for just a little bit of jewelry I added a braided golden bracelet for a pit of sparkle.
Look 2: Cool Summer Day




        The dress in this last look is actually from Emma Watson's clothing line for People Tree (which is great, and you can check it out here). This dress is my favorite from her collection, because I absolutely love the ruffled one-sleeve top. I've had the dress in my favorites for so long, and actually ended up buying a similar dress from Zara's with this one in mind. Anyways, the one shoulder design reminded me of a casual version of Emma's dress at the Met Gala Ball. I paired the dress with a belt to define the waist, and reflective shoes from Anthropologie that I loved. I also added a bright pink bag, which I realize makes the outfit look very cotton candy-y, but I thought the added girly-ness to the outfit could be something Emma would do. While I named the outfit a night out with friends, the great thing about the material and look of the dress is that it could also be made very casual. I feel like this look could very well be taken from day to night. 
Look 3: Night Out With Friends





        Hope you enjoyed this post, and I promise I will try to update more in the future! I have plans for many more "Inspired By..." posts, as well as posts about outfits I have bought and tried. Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment